Thursday, February 17, 2005

Outrageous Churchill

Ok, this is pretty close to home for us here in Colorado. Seems we can't get away from this guy if the news is on for any legth of time. I'm getting less and less impressed with this guy over time. Today in the Denver Post there are records brought out by CU investigations (pretty simple investigations it seems to me, these things were in his university file). Several hostile contacts are documented, here's one:

"Carol Standing Elk was leaving the Press Club when Marie Annette Jaimes brutally attacked and injured her," Deborah J. Cruze wrote in a letter to Middleton in Churchill's file. "Then, as Ms. Standing Elk was trying to recover from the attack, she was spit on by Ward Churchill."

Sounds like he and his wife are two peas in a pod. Unfortunately I think many people are reading his 9-11 diatribe and taking it as a serious point of view. I heard a man on the ski lift a couple weeks ago tell me that I ought to read it (I hadn't at that point) because it was "interesting". He didn't necessarily say he agreed with it, but aparently felt it was worth interacting with on an intellectual basis. After hearing Churchill speak in Boulder, reading the news reports lately and especially this account, I don't think I can take this guy seriously, other than hearing him as a ranting, angry man. But it gets even worse, check out this quote from his attourney when the above confrontation was mentioned:

"Maybe she needed to be physically attacked," he said. "Maybe his wife acted in self-defense. Maybe she needed to be spit on."

Great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home